Friday, February 13, 2015

Friday Favorites: Fav Foundations


I believe a good foundation is key. Despite the unpleasing price tags attached to these foundations, I truly believe; they are worth every penny.

1. Yves Saint Laurent LE TEINT TOUCHE ÉCLAT Illuminating Foundation - Rating 5/5

I've gone through about 10 bottles of this foundation (literally! I love it so much) and have been using it for years. It was first used on me while I was getting my makeup professionally done. I liked it so much, I brought it and my love for this foundation has never ended.

How many shades available? It comes in 13 different shades.

Why is it so great? It is formulated without Parabens, Sulfates, Petrochemicals, GMOs, Phthalates, or Triclosan. This foundation is very lightweight and will never give you a "cakey" foundation face. 

What is the cost? It is priced at $57.00. Except for the expensive price, I have no complaints with the quality and performance of this product. 

How do I apply it? First, I use my MAC Foundation stippling brush and stipple foundation all over my face. Next, I use my favorite Sephora foundation brush and buff it in. 


2. Dior Airflash Fondation- Rating 4.5/5


Easy at-home diy airbrush makeup! This foundation allows you to imitate the effects of professional airbrushing at home. It blurs any and all discoloring, fades freckles, and leaves the skin with a flawless finish. It claims to be "light coverage", but I would have to disagree. In my opinion, this foundation is heavy coverage, but light enough it does not look cakey. I don't have oily skin, but I have to set this foundation with Makeup Forever's HD Setting Powder; because otherwise I'd look oily.  

How many shades available? Only 10  shades, which is a bummer, because in the winter my color (the lightest) is too dark for my skin.

How expensive? $62...this is barely justifiable, but it is great for special events.

Why is it good for special events and photo shoots? Unlike a lot of foundations, the Dior Airflash doesn't have sunscreen(Titanium Dioxide) in its formula. This is great for pictures; because Titanium Dioxide is what gives faces a white cast in pictures. You definitely want your face to match the rest of your body.

How do I apply it? Dior recommends applying it directly from the spray bottle to the face; which for starters gets everywhere and also wastes product. I shake the canister well then apply it directly to my favorite foundation brush and buff it into my skin. The link to the brush (on sale) HERE.


3. Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick- Rating 4/5

Easy and Quick application and beautiful results!


How many shades available? 24 shades= more chances to find your perfect shade.

How expensive? $44-- still pretty expensive, but it is cheaper than the other two foundations mentioned

Why I love it/how I apply it? 
I love this foundation, because I can apply it quickly when I'm running short on time and it still looks good! My only complaint is that I like it, but I know other foundations like the YSL or Dior one look better on my face. I stick to using this when I'm in a hurry.  First, I apply it directly to my face with the stick and then buff it in with the same Sephora brush HERE.


ALL the products are linked. Click the name of the product and it will take you to the website to buy it.

xoxo, Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment