Monday, February 9, 2015

Sick Days: How I feel better in 5 steps

Sick Days are the worst. I would know after experiencing a nasty spell of food poisoning in the middle of the night, last night. I assume that was what it was...I have never had food poisoning before last night, but it is rough. Although, I have to get out later today to fulfill prior commitments; I'd rather stay on the couch all day. If I could stay home all day, these are the things I would do. 

My Personal Favorite Sick Day Pick Me Ups:

1. Pets-- if they are able to be cuddled, they are included (reptiles probably excluded haha). My dog just seems to know when I'm sick and she will cuddle up next to me and it's a good feeling knowing somebody has got your back. If you don't have a pet, a good stuffed animal or pillow will have to work.

2. Smoothies-- If you have a stomach virus, you probably won't be able to keep it down, but a berry smoothie always makes me feel re-energized. I feel like all the vitamins from the fruit help revitalize my body.

3. Pillows and Blankets -- If you have a fever as tempting as it might be to cover up you should let the heat escape your body. But if you are just feeling crappy with a cold or have a virus without a fever, create yourself a cloud of pillows and blankets to lounge in. Being comfortable when you are sick is near to impossible, but it is good to try.

4. Watch some Netflix/ Catch up on some shows- Right now, I'm about to re-watch an old show called October Road, which is free on Hulu. I highly recommend it! I barely remember the plot because I watched it so long ago, but I remember it was good. I also enjoy catching up on blogs or YouTube channels I'm subscribed to.


5. Online Shopping- Probably not good to encourage my shop-oholic tendencies, but treating yourself is necessary on sick days. If you want to stay frugal just hop onto Pinterest and pin items to a wish list board. This is a great way to "online shop" without the guilt of spending money.

These are just 5 ways I make sick days a little more bearable! If you are sick, I hope you feel better soon!
xoxo, Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment