Saturday, June 27, 2015

Travel Series: San Francisco in ONE DAY

Hi! I hope everyone is doing well! I wanted to share some pictures from my one day/night in San Francisco and my recommendations!
Mama's Cafe-French Toast Trio

My only ONE DAY in San Francisco Schedule

Leave Hotel (Westin St. Francis) around 8:30 a.m.. (If staying Union Square...this will be about 1.7 miles)

Walk through China Town. 

Get up early and start your day off right with BREAKFAST....or if you like to sleep in brunch at Mama's! Considered to be the #1 thing to do in San Fransisco. Located in Little Italy.  Be prepared to wait in a line. I waited for about an hour. I went at 9 am on a Thursday! I ordered the Mama's French Toast Sampler and it was delicious. Such a special place! I would't leave town without stopping at this delightful breakfast spot.

Walk over to the Catholic Church next door! Gorgeous stained glass.

Walk to Pier 39/Fisherman's Wharf area. Shop/tourist stuff. 

Watch the seals.

Walk to Ghirardelli Square. Shop.

Black Street Cafe. Coffee/Snack.

Go back to Fisherman's Wharf for the trolley. Wait in a ridiculously long line.

Take Trolley past Lombard street to Hotel/Union square( famous twisty street).

Eat a late lunch/early dinner. About 4:00 p.m. at the Nordstrom Bistro.

Shop at Union Square until 6-7 p.m..

Golden Gate Bridge for Sunset. (I actually didn't get to go this last time, but of course I recommend it!)

^^This is the schedule I took! It's not perfect, but I felt like I enjoyed most everything the city had to offer in just a day! It was a LOT of walking, but so worth seeing everything I saw.
























 ^^My absolute favorite dish at the Nordstrom Bistro!! I think it is called Sautéed Chicken and Angel Hair Pasta!! The Rosemary Butter Sauce is to die for!!
hope you enjoyed!! I'll be posting a Vacation haul and Lake Tahoe Picture Diary soon! 
xoxo, Maddie

4 comments:

  1. That french toast and those pancakes look AMAZING. San Francisco looks like such a wonderful place to visit. :D xxxxx

    www.romantiquely.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing! I'm glad you enjoyed the post :)
      xoxo, Maddie

      Delete
  2. I love Mama's! I had pancakes with fresh fruit when I went and it was delicious! I love San Fran your pictures are lovely I would love to go back someday. Pier 39 was definitely one of my favourite parts :) x

    Georgina | Rent or Chanel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is seriously the best breakfast spot around :) Pier 39 was one of my favorite parts as well! Thanks for checking out my blog!
      xoxo, Maddie

      Delete