Wednesday, February 4, 2015

My Top 5 Beauty Tips

I wanted to keep this semi-original and unique, because for years I've seen articles like "50 Beauty Tricks No One Told You" and I'd go read through them and I either already did their "secret tips and tricks" or no way was I gonna use a plastic spoon to help me put on mascara on my bottom lashes. The things I am about to share are by no means original, but they are either products or techniques that I have found that work.

1. The Wet Brush- If only my mom had this, when I was a little girl! Even though it is perfect for kids, its great for adults as well. If you have easily tangled hair, this brush glides through it with ease and DOESN'T HURT AT ALL. You can use it on wet or dry hair. I've gone through about 4 of these brushes (not because they don't last, but because I periodically I buy new brushes to prevent buildup).

2. St. Tropez Tanning Mousse- If you are pale, this is THE PERFECT TANNER. I will never try another tanner and I'll never be orange and smell like tanner ever again, because of this tanner. It is a true brown shade...you can be as pale as a ghost and this looks amazing on you. It is applied with a mitt, which can be purchased in beauty stores or online. By using the mitt, the application is flawless (I rarely get streaks and never hand marks). If you are darker, they sell a darker shade of mousse HERE

3. Post-It Flags- My favorite!! I use these for creating a straight cat eye. I tried the "tape trick" where you put tape from the outer corner of your eye to the outer tip of your eyebrow, but I found that tape pulled on my skin too much, because tape is meant to stay and stick, once it is put on. Post-It flags on the other hand are removable. These can be found at your local drugstore, office supply store, or supermarket. 

4. Black Eyeshadow- I always set my gel, pencil, or liquid liner on my upper lid in black eyeshadow. I feel it intensifies the eyeliner and makes sure it doesn't smudge and lasts all day. I've been doing this for years and I love it!

5. Brushes- The right makeup brushes can get you far in life. My two must-have brushes are both from Sephora. I could not live without the Sephora Foundation Buffing Brush or the Sephora Fan Brush. I always use the Buffing Brush on my foundation. The worst makeup mistake I've seen is foundation lines. I'm just screaming inside, "Girl, you HAVE to buff it out!". It is such an easy problem to fix with this brush. The Fan Brush is perfect for powder over liquid foundation/concealer. The fan brush applies the powder lightly so you don't get a cake face or look overly powdered.

No comments:

Post a Comment